The guys were going to kill him. Ollie scrubbed a hand over his face. They wouldn’t be surprised, of course. But they were going to be pissed. They’d all known that Piper quitting was a risk and that one day she’d probably wise-up and lose her patience and that would be it. They’d also all known that when it happened there was a 90 percent chance it would be because of Ollie. The other 10 percent chance was that it would be because of Ollie and Dax together. And now it had finally happened. If it came down to choosing between him and Piper, he wasn’t sure he wanted to know how that debate would end up. Or how short the discussion would be before they decided they wanted and needed her more. That was only one of the reasons he hadn’t told them yet. The other was because he was still processing the part where she’d said she loved him. What was he supposed to do with that? She wasn’t just supposed to say that out loud right to him, was she? He had not been expecting that. The guys and their girlfriends had insinuated for a while now that Piper might have a crush on him but no, he hadn’t expected her to ever say anything herself. It was a might have. A crush. Okay, they were adults and maybe adults didn’t have crushes exactly, but everything anyone had said suggested that it was just that Piper thought he was interesting at times and that she didn’t hate spending time with him. But a crush wasn’t love. For fuck’s sake. And it had to be Piper? Piper Barry was amazing. She was gorgeous. She was smart. She was capable. She could do anything. She was funny and sweet and sassy and tough. She was intimidating as hell. What was he supposed to do with her now? What was he supposed to do without her now? Well, the solution seemed pretty obvious. She’d basically given him the answer herself—I can’t be in love with you and work for you. And the only one of those two things I can change is the working for you part. So he needed to get her to not be in love with him anymore. Then she’d come back to work and all would be fine. Now he just had to get her to realize she could do a hell of a lot better than him. Of course, he’d been a pain in her ass for five years now. If that didn’t do it, he wasn’t sure what would.
BLP REVIEW – Tracy
Erin Nicholas writes a fabulous series and Hot Cakes is a fave of mine!!
Ollie & Piper…. finally…
I have to admit, I wasn’t sure that I was gonna be a fan of Ollie especially as he’s seemed so oblivious of Piper and her attraction to him…. but Lordy, did Erin ever make me fall for him.
Ollie was adorable when he finally pulled his head from his butt and saw what he was potentially losing with Piper. I loved his attention to detail and his fun loving side, but more so I loved how he finally acknowledged his own feelings for the one woman who has taken care of him and put up with his nonsense for more time than anyone – his friends aside- would have!!
Piper was feisty, fun and determined and I adored her for her focus on Ollie and the new chapter of her life that she was stepping into. She has such a big heart and unique way of looking at life. Her love for her family – both blood and chosen – was there for all to see….as were her feeling for Ollie, even when she felt she had no choice but to walk away.
This book was a fun, laugh out loud, feel good read and exactly what I needed when reading about this couple.
About Erin Nicholas
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Erin Nicholas has been writing romances almost as long as she’s been reading them. To date, she’s written over thirty sexy, contemporary novels that have been described as “toe-curling,” “enchanting,” “steamy,” and “fun.” She adores reluctant heroes, imperfect heroines, and happily ever afters. Erin lives in the Midwest, where she enjoys spending time with her husband (who only wants to read the sex scenes in her books), her kids (who will never read the sex scenes in her books), and her family and friends (who claim to be “shocked” by the sex scenes in her books).
We live to read!!!
Our favourite genre is PNR - yep, we are more than happy to admit that we are complete #parawhores...... saying that, we will read and review a real mix of genres - from the better known authors to new-to-us authors and everything in between.
We hope you like our posts/reviews and enjoy our blog.
Thanks for stopping by our site!!!
Leave a comment